February 5, 2019
Tokyo--Japanese Prince Hisahito, 12, is set to advance to Ochanomizu University Junior High School in April, the Imperial Household Agency has announced.
The prince, the third child of Prince Akishino, the second son of Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko, and Princess Kiko, entered Ochanomizu University Kindergarten in April 2010 and moved on to Ochanomizu University Elementary School in April 2013.
Prince Hisahito, now a sixth-grader at the elementary school, had consulted with his parents on a possibility of attending a different junior high school, but eventually opted to advance to the school affiliated with the national university, a senior official of the agency said Monday.
He took an entrance exam for the Ochanomizu junior high school on Sunday with other applicants from the elementary school.
The results of the exam were announced on Monday, and the prince passed the test.
"I want Prince Hisahito to make his junior high school life affluent by sharing various experiences with his classmates," Tomiyo Kagami, the principal of Ochanomizu University Junior High School, said at a press conference on Monday. Jiji Press
- Latest polls show opposition facing possible shutout in Senate race
- ARTIST TALKS: Cherry Ann Fulo on DIWATABRUJA at Kanto Artist Run Space
- Latest polls show Duterte loyalists surging in Senate’s top 12
- MANILA gets a taste of Japanese healthy lifestyle
- Ms. Universe 2018 to boost PH tourism campaign
- Japan-funded Metro Manila Subway gets off the ground
- MILF chair confident of BOL ratification