September 22, 2019
Tokyo- Not many people in Japan are aware of the threats of feared new strains of influenza viruses, a Cabinet Office survey showed Friday.
The share of respondents who said they know that new flu strains may result in global pandemic came to 40.9 pct, according to the survey by the government agency.
Public understanding on the threats of new flu strains is insufficient, a Cabinet Office official said.
The survey found that 45.1 pct of respondents know that disease from new flu strains may increase in severity, while 43.8 pct are aware that the number of sufferers may be large.
The share of people who know that most people are not immunized against new flu strains came to 35.2 pct.
Meanwhile, 9.3 pct said they have never even heard of such flu strains.
"People will be panicked if an epidemic occurs while they have no knowledge," another Cabinet Office official said. "We want to deepen public understanding on the matter in ordinary times," the official added.
The survey covered 3,000 people aged 18 or older across Japan between July 25 and Aug. 4. Valid answers were collected from 54.9 pct of them in individual interviews. Jiji Press
- 台湾からの入国をフィリピン入管が禁止へ 【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】2020年2月11日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース EP12
- 2020年２月１０日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース 武漢からの比人32人海外就労者(OFW)が帰国 ニュークラークで隔離始まる【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】EP11
- 2020年２月９日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース 訪問米軍地位協定(VFA)破棄 武漢からの比人海外就労者(OFW)を乗せた政府チャーター便が到着 タール火山続報【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】EP10
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 【マニラ新聞TV日本語放送・ゲスト在比日本人美術家 山形敦子】EP09
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine
- 2020年２月８日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース ゲスト Natural Line Tetsu -武漢のOFWが中国から帰国へ-【マニラ新聞TV・フィリピン最新ニュース】EP08