October 2, 2019
Tokyo--Japanese Defense Minister Taro Kono on Tuesday called on Iran to make greater efforts to de-escalate tensions in the Middle East.
Tehran should play a constructive role to ensure regional peace and stability, Kono told his Iranian counterpart, Amir Hatami, in their 30-minute phone talks.
The two ministers agreed to continue dialogue.
The conversations marked the first-ever talks between Japanese and Iranian defense ministers, Japanese Defense Ministry officials said.
The Iranian side requested the phone talks, the officials said. When he was foreign minister, Kono had frequent contact with Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif. Kono became defense minister last month. Jiji Press
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine