April 8, 2019
Tokyo--Japanese Prince Hisahito, 12, was enrolled in Ochanomizu University Junior High School in Tokyo's Bunkyo Ward on Monday.
The prince, the third and youngest child of Prince Akishino, the second son of Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko, and Princess Kiko, graduated from Ochanomizu University Elementary School last month.
"We want to broaden our possibilities and visions as each of us nurtures his or her abilities," Prince Hisahito said in a speech representing new students at the entrance ceremony in the morning, according to the junior high school.
Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko watched the ceremony from the parents' seats.
Before the ceremony, Prince Hisahito, in a school uniform, took commemorative photos with his parents in the schoolyard. "I want to have a fulfilling junior high school life," Prince Hisahito told reporters.
This year, the school accepted 114 new students, including the prince.
They are divided into four classes. Prince Hisahito is in the class of "kiku," or chrysanthemum.
Prince Hisahito will become second in line to the Imperial throne after the enthronement of Crown Prince Naruhito, the eldest son of the current Emperor and Empress, on May 1. Jiji Press
- Philippines To Highlight Lapu-Lapu’s Victory Over Magellan In 2021 Commemoration
- Duterte Declares General Yamashita’s Surrender A Public Holiday
- Atsuko Yamagata : On Being Visible And Invisible
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.