April 8, 2019
Tokyo--Japanese Prince Hisahito, 12, was enrolled in Ochanomizu University Junior High School in Tokyo's Bunkyo Ward on Monday.
The prince, the third and youngest child of Prince Akishino, the second son of Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko, and Princess Kiko, graduated from Ochanomizu University Elementary School last month.
"We want to broaden our possibilities and visions as each of us nurtures his or her abilities," Prince Hisahito said in a speech representing new students at the entrance ceremony in the morning, according to the junior high school.
Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko watched the ceremony from the parents' seats.
Before the ceremony, Prince Hisahito, in a school uniform, took commemorative photos with his parents in the schoolyard. "I want to have a fulfilling junior high school life," Prince Hisahito told reporters.
This year, the school accepted 114 new students, including the prince.
They are divided into four classes. Prince Hisahito is in the class of "kiku," or chrysanthemum.
Prince Hisahito will become second in line to the Imperial throne after the enthronement of Crown Prince Naruhito, the eldest son of the current Emperor and Empress, on May 1. Jiji Press
- Latest polls show opposition facing possible shutout in Senate race
- ARTIST TALKS: Cherry Ann Fulo on DIWATABRUJA at Kanto Artist Run Space
- Latest polls show Duterte loyalists surging in Senate’s top 12
- MANILA gets a taste of Japanese healthy lifestyle
- Ms. Universe 2018 to boost PH tourism campaign
- Japan-funded Metro Manila Subway gets off the ground
- MILF chair confident of BOL ratification