July 29, 2019
Tokyo--Japan said Monday that its diplomatic offices in China will accept applications for tourism visas to Japan online through designated travel agencies, starting in April next year.
Online applications for single-entry tourism visas will be accepted at seven Japanese diplomatic offices outside Hong Kong. They will also provide electronic visas.
Starting Tuesday, the Japanese embassy in Beijing will start accepting online applications for group tourist visas through all travel agencies.
China will be the first country for which Japan provides such online services.
The move comes as the burden on officials has increased due to a surge in the number of visa applications from Chinese people in recent years.
"The streamlined procedures will enable swift visa issuance and allow us to focus on screenings," an official at the Japanese Foreign Ministry's Consular Affairs Bureau said. Jiji Press
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine