July 29, 2019
Tokyo--Japan said Monday that its diplomatic offices in China will accept applications for tourism visas to Japan online through designated travel agencies, starting in April next year.
Online applications for single-entry tourism visas will be accepted at seven Japanese diplomatic offices outside Hong Kong. They will also provide electronic visas.
Starting Tuesday, the Japanese embassy in Beijing will start accepting online applications for group tourist visas through all travel agencies.
China will be the first country for which Japan provides such online services.
The move comes as the burden on officials has increased due to a surge in the number of visa applications from Chinese people in recent years.
"The streamlined procedures will enable swift visa issuance and allow us to focus on screenings," an official at the Japanese Foreign Ministry's Consular Affairs Bureau said. Jiji Press
- Philippines To Highlight Lapu-Lapu’s Victory Over Magellan In 2021 Commemoration
- Duterte Declares General Yamashita’s Surrender A Public Holiday
- Atsuko Yamagata : On Being Visible And Invisible
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.