October 9, 2019
Kyoto--The Kyoto Animation Co. arson attack suspect has started rehabilitation treatment such as sitting in a wheelchair with the help of care staff, investigative sources said Wednesday.
The July 18 attack on a studio of the anime production company, known as KyoAni, in Kyoto Prefecture, western Japan, claimed the lives of 36 people and injured many others.
The suspect, Shinji Aoba, 41, has been hospitalized for severe burns suffered in the incident.
According to the sources, Aoba is also sitting up in his bed with the help of care staff.
The Kyoto prefectural police department plans to arrest Aoba after he recovers sufficiently, but it is expected to take a while for him to improve enough to be detained, the sources said. Jiji Press
- Aftermath: Taal Volcano eruption
- Statement of Philippine Foreign Secretary Teodoro Locsin, Jr. after the PH-Japan bilateral meeting.
- Statement of Japan’s Foreign Minister Motegi Toshimitsu after PH-Japan bilateral meeting
- Japanese foreign minister Motegi Toshimitsu to visit the Philippines
- Manila Hapons teach Tag Rugby at Manila Japanese School
- Philippines Set Record Medal Haul In 2019 SEA Games; Yulo Among Most Bemedalled Athletes
- Sarah Geronimo Brightens Up Japan Fiesta 2019 With “Tala”