September 22, 2019
Tokyo- Manabu Miyasaka, former president of Yahoo Japan Corp., assumed the post of Tokyo vice governor on Friday to promote the use of digital technology.
"In an era of intercity competition, we can't fall behind in the field of digital technology. I'll do my best to realize 'a digital Tokyo'," Miyasaka, 51, told reporters.
He will lead efforts by the metropolitan government to realize Society 5.0, which aims to resolve social issues with digital technology, and promote the use of fifth-generation, or 5G, advanced wireless communication services.
Miyasaka said he plans to collaborate with startups and nonprofit organizations. "There are a lot of young and energetic challengers in Tokyo. I want to use those forces to address issues," he said. Jiji Press
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine