March 14, 2019
Tokyo--The number of children under 18 who fell victim to crimes through social media stood at 1,811, inching down from the record high of 1,813 recorded in 2017, the National Police Agency said Thursday.
Of them, 749 fell prey to indecent acts and other actions violating local ordinances on juvenile protection, up by 47 from the previous year.
While the number of children who became victims of child pornography decreased by 25 to 545, the figure more than quintupled over the last 10 years.
The number of children who were victims of serious crimes, such as murder, rape and kidnapping, jumped by 30 to 91. Of them, 32 people were victims of rape, up eight, while the number of kidnapping victims doubled to 42.
Victims stood at 991 in high school and 624 in junior high school, together accounting for almost 90 pct of the total. The number of elementary school kids came to 55.
Of all victims, 718 got involved in crimes through Twitter, up 23, followed by chat app "Himabu" with 214, up 33.
For 1,559 of the 1,811 victims, the agency could verify whether they set filters to their devices to limit access to harmful websites.
Of them, only 187 had added such filters when they fell victim to the crimes. While the number rose by 57, the proportion of victims using filters remained low at 12 pct.
The agency plans to move ahead with efforts to push the spread of filters, as well as work together with schools to conduct educational activities by using example cases of cybercrimes. Jiji Press
- 台湾からの入国をフィリピン入管が禁止へ 【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】2020年2月11日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース EP12
- 2020年２月１０日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース 武漢からの比人32人海外就労者(OFW)が帰国 ニュークラークで隔離始まる【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】EP11
- 2020年２月９日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース 訪問米軍地位協定(VFA)破棄 武漢からの比人海外就労者(OFW)を乗せた政府チャーター便が到着 タール火山続報【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】EP10
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 【マニラ新聞TV日本語放送・ゲスト在比日本人美術家 山形敦子】EP09
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine
- 2020年２月８日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース ゲスト Natural Line Tetsu -武漢のOFWが中国から帰国へ-【マニラ新聞TV・フィリピン最新ニュース】EP08