August 23, 2019
Tokyo--The application period for 2020 Tokyo Paralympics tickets for residents in Japan started Thursday, with about one year to go before the quadrennial sporting event.
Applications can be made on an official website, https://ticket.tokyo2020.org/Paralympic, after registering personal information, until 11:59 a.m. on Sept. 9 (2:59 a.m. GMT). The results will be announced on Oct. 2.
The prices of general tickets for the games range from 900 yen to 7,000 yen. Tickets for the opening ceremony are priced at 8,000-150,000 yen.
Special tickets are available for those in wheelchairs and their companions, and groups including children, elderly people or people with disabilities.
Each person can apply for up to 60 tickets in total, with first and second choices combined, and can win up to 30 tickets.
On Thursday, an event calling on people to apply for the tickets was held in Tokyo.
"We athletes train to give our best performances. We want everyone to watch us in person," said Keiichi Kimura, who won four medals in men's swimming in the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Paralympics.
"I want people to feel the tense air at the venues in their bones," said Sae Shigemoto, who took bronze in women's 400 meters in the same event. Jiji Press
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine