March 14, 2019
Tokyo--Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said Thursday that he will follow a current Liberal Democratic Party rule preventing him from serving yet another term as leader of the governing party.
"A fourth straight term (as LDP president) is banned under the party constitution," Abe said at a House of Councillors Budget Committee meeting. "I will certainly follow the rule."
"I was just given a third term (last September), so I hope to put all my energy to produce results during my last term," he said.
Abe was responding to a question from Toranosuke Katayama, coleader of Nippon Ishin no Kai (Japan Innovation Party), who argued that the LDP constitution can be revised, when needed, with the consent of party members.
Recently, senior LDP members including party Secretary-General Toshihiro Nikai and General Council head Katsunobu Kato have mentioned the possibility of Abe having a fourth three-year term in a row as LDP leader and staying on as prime minister.
On Wednesday, Abe told the same Upper House committee that he turns 65 this year but is still very eager to continue working, in response to a question about the employment of elderly people at private companies. Jiji Press
- 台湾からの入国をフィリピン入管が禁止へ 【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】2020年2月11日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース EP12
- 2020年２月１０日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース 武漢からの比人32人海外就労者(OFW)が帰国 ニュークラークで隔離始まる【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】EP11
- 2020年２月９日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース 訪問米軍地位協定(VFA)破棄 武漢からの比人海外就労者(OFW)を乗せた政府チャーター便が到着 タール火山続報【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】EP10
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 【マニラ新聞TV日本語放送・ゲスト在比日本人美術家 山形敦子】EP09
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine
- 2020年２月８日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース ゲスト Natural Line Tetsu -武漢のOFWが中国から帰国へ-【マニラ新聞TV・フィリピン最新ニュース】EP08