August 10, 2018
The main share index closed slightly lower on Friday, a day after monetary authorities raised policy rates by .50 percentage points.
The peso closed at P53.135 against the US dollar from P53.09. Volume at the foreign exchange rate reached $664.3 million from $682.1 million.
The Philippine Stock Exchange index finished at 7,804.98 points, down 15.73 points. In the broader market, there were 96 gainers, 86 decliners and 51 shares unchanged.
Volume reached 1.5 billion shares worth P8.33 billion from Thursday's 1.12 billion shares valued at P6.33 billion.
Most traded shares were led by Ayala Corp., down 2.48 percent to P985; San Miguel Corp., up 3.4 percent to P143 and Security Bank, down 1.26 percent to P200. DMS
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise
- Inflation projected at 6.4 % in September: DOF