January 6, 2017
Stocks lost their momentum in the morning trading but the main index settled slightly higher in Friday's trading.
The Philippine Stock Exchange index, which was up close to 73 points at midday, gained 38.76 points to 7,248.20. This is the first time in recent weeks that the stock market ended the week with the index finishing 5.96 percent higher.
The peso closed at P49.52 against the US dollar after it finished the morning session at P49.437. The Philippine currency ended on Thursday at P49.46. Volume at the Philippine Dealing System declined to $537 million from the previous day’s $879 million.
In a report, BDO said the peso’s strengthening came as the Fed “released its December minutes as it reads a gradual pace of tightening.” DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine