October 31, 2018
The Philippine Stock Exchange index ended trading for October up by 124.23 points to end at 7,140.29 points. In the broader market, there were 100 gainers, 84 decliners and 45 shares unchanged.
Volume reached 604.84 million shares worth P7.26 billion from Tuesday's 429.04 million valued at P3.95 billion.
Most traded shares were led by SM Prime, 0.15 percent higher to P33.80; ICTSI, down 0.55 percent to P90.50; Ayala Land, up 3.52 percent to P39.65 and Jollibee, up 4.55 percent to P276.
The peso closed at P53.535 against the US dollar from Tuesday's P53,54. Volume at the foreign exchange portal of the Bankers Association of the Philippines amounted to $1.014 billion from the previous day's $726.23 million. DMS
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise
- Inflation projected at 6.4 % in September: DOF