October 31, 2018
The Philippine Stock Exchange index ended trading for October up by 124.23 points to end at 7,140.29 points. In the broader market, there were 100 gainers, 84 decliners and 45 shares unchanged.
Volume reached 604.84 million shares worth P7.26 billion from Tuesday's 429.04 million valued at P3.95 billion.
Most traded shares were led by SM Prime, 0.15 percent higher to P33.80; ICTSI, down 0.55 percent to P90.50; Ayala Land, up 3.52 percent to P39.65 and Jollibee, up 4.55 percent to P276.
The peso closed at P53.535 against the US dollar from Tuesday's P53,54. Volume at the foreign exchange portal of the Bankers Association of the Philippines amounted to $1.014 billion from the previous day's $726.23 million. DMS
- Latest polls show opposition facing possible shutout in Senate race
- ARTIST TALKS: Cherry Ann Fulo on DIWATABRUJA at Kanto Artist Run Space
- Latest polls show Duterte loyalists surging in Senate’s top 12
- MANILA gets a taste of Japanese healthy lifestyle
- Ms. Universe 2018 to boost PH tourism campaign
- Japan-funded Metro Manila Subway gets off the ground
- MILF chair confident of BOL ratification