January 9, 2017
Stocks closed with slim gains on Monday after a strong surge last week that pushed the main index at a key level.
The Philippine Stock Exchange index closed 28.14 points to end at 7,276.34 points despite higher volume.
Turnover reached 5.69 billion shares valued at P5.25 billion from Friday’s 1.52 billion shares worth at P8.56 billion.
Foreign buying reached P2.15 billion while foreign selling amounted to P1.95 billion. Friday’s transactions saw foreign buying at P4.26 billion compared to foreign selling of P3.90 billion.
The peso weakened slightly to P49.62 against the US dollar from Friday’s P49.52 as volume declined at the Philippine Dealing System. Turnover reached $405.30 million from Friday’s$537 million. DMS
- Philippines To Highlight Lapu-Lapu’s Victory Over Magellan In 2021 Commemoration
- Duterte Declares General Yamashita’s Surrender A Public Holiday
- Atsuko Yamagata : On Being Visible And Invisible
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.