August 9, 2019
The main Philippine share index closed lower but the peso gained against the US dollar on Friday.
The peso settled at P51.88 from P52.04 on Thursday. Volume at the foreign exchange portal of the Bankers Association of the Philippines reached $914.71 million from $1.452 billion.
The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index finished at 7,854.,39, down 59.77 points. In the broader market, there were 114 losers, 94 gainers and 47 shares unchanged.
Volume reached 2.83 billion shares valued at P6.17 billion from Thursday's 834.29 million shares worth P6.25 billion.
Most active shares were led by Ayala Land, down 25 centavos to P48.65; Jolibee, down P5 to P225; SM Investment Corp., up P5 to P986 and Security Bank, up P1.50 to P193.50. DMS
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.
- Duterte invites Emperor Naruhito, Empress Masako to visit Philippines
- MARAWI: Two years after the war
- Comelec proclaims 12 Senate winners; Cynthia Villar tops race