September 4, 2019
The main Philippine stock index closed higher while peso surged on Wednesday, a day before the release of the August inflation report.
The peso closed at P51.935 against the US dollar from P52.31. Volume at the foreign exchange portal of the Bankers Association of the Philippines reached $1.282 billion from $1.336 billion.
The Philippine Stock Exchange ( PSE) index settled at 7,840.86, up 36.15 points but in the broader market, it was mixed. There were 102 losers, 100 gainers and 47 shares unchanged.
Volume reached 1.15 billion shares valued at P6.59 billion from Tuesday's 1.19 billion shares worth P6.83 billion.
Most active shares were led by Ayala Corp., down P8 to P892; Nickel Asia, up 40 centavos to P4.90 and Ayala Land, up 10 centavos to P47.40. DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine