September 4, 2019
The main Philippine stock index closed higher while peso surged on Wednesday, a day before the release of the August inflation report.
The peso closed at P51.935 against the US dollar from P52.31. Volume at the foreign exchange portal of the Bankers Association of the Philippines reached $1.282 billion from $1.336 billion.
The Philippine Stock Exchange ( PSE) index settled at 7,840.86, up 36.15 points but in the broader market, it was mixed. There were 102 losers, 100 gainers and 47 shares unchanged.
Volume reached 1.15 billion shares valued at P6.59 billion from Tuesday's 1.19 billion shares worth P6.83 billion.
Most active shares were led by Ayala Corp., down P8 to P892; Nickel Asia, up 40 centavos to P4.90 and Ayala Land, up 10 centavos to P47.40. DMS
- Philippines To Highlight Lapu-Lapu’s Victory Over Magellan In 2021 Commemoration
- Duterte Declares General Yamashita’s Surrender A Public Holiday
- Atsuko Yamagata : On Being Visible And Invisible
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.