October 30, 2018
The Philippine peso lost three centavos to close at P53.59 against the US dollar on Tuesday. Volume at the foreign exchange portal of the Bankers Association of the Philippines reached $726.23 million from Monday's $645.25 million.
The Philippine Stock Exchange index finished 92.97 points lower to end at 7,016.06. In the broader market, there were 84 decliners, 59 gainers and 62 shares unchanged.
Volume reached 429.04 million shares worth P3.95 billion from Monday's 552.99 million shares valued at P4.23 billion.
Most active shares were led by Ayala Land, down 1.03 percent to p38.30; BPI, down 2.99 percent to P79.50; Jollibee, down 2.22 percent to P264 and BDO, up 3.97 percent to P123. DMS
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise
- Inflation projected at 6.4 % in September: DOF