October 10, 2018
The Philippine peso gained six centavos to close P54.18 against the US dollar on Wednesday but the stock index finished lower.
Volume at the foreign exchange portal at the Bankers Association of the Philippines reached $720.8 million from Tuesday's $605 million.
The Philippine Stock Exchange index fell below 7,000 points for the first time since June this year at one stage. But it rallied to close at 7,001.14, down 58.24 points.
In the broader market, there were 139 decliners, 54 gainers and 50 shares unchanged.
Volume reached 1.53 billion shares worth P5.37 billion from Tuesday's 953.28 million shares valued at P3.996 billion. DMS
- Stock index, peso close higher
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise