Metro Pacific says it still keen on contract to operative five regional airports despite changes in terms
January 15, 2017
Metro Pacific Investments Corp. said it remains keen on a contract to operate and maintain five regional airports despite changes in terms.
"It looks like its a major change from what it was. But we will still look at it," Manuel Pangilinan, chairman of MPIC said.
The transportation department had said it will bid out five regional airports from two auctions that was set by the previous government to five auctions.
The five provincial airports in the public-private partnership bundle are the P20.26-billion Bacolod-Silay International Airport and the P30.4-billion Iloilo International Airport under package 1, and the P14.62-billion Laguindingan Airport, P2.34-billion New Bohol (Panglao) Airport and P40.57-billion Davao International Airport under package 2.
The transportation department under the Aquino administration deferred the date to submit bids as the agency needed to get clearance and approval from concerned agencies.
The agency pre-qualified Maya Consortium led by Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Philippine Airports Consortium of Metro Pacific Investments Corp., San Miguel Holdings Corp.-IIAC Airport Consortium, GMR-Megawide Consortium and Filinvest-JATCO-Sojitz Consortium for the project.
Aboitiz Equity teamed up with Vinci Airports of France to form Maya Consortium, while San Miguel Holdings Corp. selected Incheon International Airport Corp. to create SMHC-IIAC Airport Corp.
Metro Pacific teamed up with Aeroports de Paris Management SA, while Filinvest tapped Japan Airport Terminal Corp. and Sojitz Corp.
The winning concessionaires for each airport bundle will handle operation and maintenance of the airports for 30 years and expand facilities to meet future demand. DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine