August 9, 2018
Tokyo- Japan's Dai-ichi Life Holdings Inc. said Thursday that it has reached a basic agreement to buy major Australian insurer Suncorp Group Ltd.'s life insurance business.
Dai-ichi Life hopes to sign a purchase contract by early September through a wholly owned Australian subsidiary and complete the acquisition worth 640 million Australian dollars by year-end.
The Japanese insurer also agreed on sales collaboration with Suncorp Group to expand its Australian business by using the partner's sales network. Jiji Press
- Stock index, peso close higher
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise