July 3, 2018
The Australian basketball team who were involved in a brawl with the Philippines during their FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifier match on Monday left Tuesday afternoon on board Philippine Airlines.
The Australian cagers were assisted by Australian Embassy staff upon entering Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Terminal 2.
Airport security personnel made sure no one would get near the Australian squad as they are checking in at a Philippine Airlines counter for their 3:10 pm flight to Australia via Singapore.
Only Matthew Dellavedova, who plays for the Milwaukee Bucks at the National Basketball Association, left Manila via China Airlines.
Nine Philippine basketball players were ejected while four Australians were disqualified following the nearly 30-minute brawl in the third quarter. Australia won 89-53 after the three remaining Philippine players fouled out. DMS
- WATCH! UTSUWA perform at the soon-to-be opened TIU Theater at the Makati Cinema Square
- Some answers to questions on working as a housekeeper in Japan
- World Bank hopeful 22 million Filipinos can be lifted out of poverty
- More Filipino housekeepers leave, bound for Japan
- War Without End: Part 1 (Addiction and Drugs)
- BORACAY SHUTDOWN #3 (A slice of paradise for the Ati)
- Colliers allays fears of housing bubble burst in Metro Manila