July 3, 2018
The Australian basketball team who were involved in a brawl with the Philippines during their FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifier match on Monday left Tuesday afternoon on board Philippine Airlines.
The Australian cagers were assisted by Australian Embassy staff upon entering Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Terminal 2.
Airport security personnel made sure no one would get near the Australian squad as they are checking in at a Philippine Airlines counter for their 3:10 pm flight to Australia via Singapore.
Only Matthew Dellavedova, who plays for the Milwaukee Bucks at the National Basketball Association, left Manila via China Airlines.
Nine Philippine basketball players were ejected while four Australians were disqualified following the nearly 30-minute brawl in the third quarter. Australia won 89-53 after the three remaining Philippine players fouled out. DMS
- WATCH: TYPHOON OMPONG REVISITED
- PAGASA raises Signal No. 4 in Cagayan, Northern Isabela as Ompong nears Northern Luzon
- Typhoon ‘Ompong’ to make landfall this Saturday, Sept.15
- WATCH: Excerpts from 1st Manila Matsuri Idol 2018
- WATCH: AIDORU SOZAI take another step to realize their dreams at the 1st Manila Idol Matsuri event
- WATCH: CH4U spreads wings in 1st Manila Idol Matsuri 2018
- Japan delivers last 2 MRRVs to Philippine Coast Guard