September 13, 2018
The National Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said on Thursday that more than four million population maybe affected by Super Typhoon "Ompong."
"There are population exposed within the 250 km radius, that 250 km diameter, that is the typhoon diameter that is most destructive, that is four million plus," National Executive Director Ricardo Jalad said.
Of the four million population to be affected, he said over 800,000 individuals could be evacuated.
Those who will be evacuated may come from the areas of Cagayan, Isabela, Apayao, Abra, Mt. Province, Ifugao, Ilocos Sur and Ilocos Norte.
Jalad said the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) was to implement pre-emptive evacuation. Robina Asido/DMS
- WATCH: TYPHOON OMPONG REVISITED
- PAGASA raises Signal No. 4 in Cagayan, Northern Isabela as Ompong nears Northern Luzon
- Typhoon ‘Ompong’ to make landfall this Saturday, Sept.15
- WATCH: Excerpts from 1st Manila Matsuri Idol 2018
- WATCH: AIDORU SOZAI take another step to realize their dreams at the 1st Manila Idol Matsuri event
- WATCH: CH4U spreads wings in 1st Manila Idol Matsuri 2018
- Japan delivers last 2 MRRVs to Philippine Coast Guard