May 16, 2018
A magnitude 4.5 earthquake struck the province of Sultan Kudarat on Wednesday afternoon.
According to the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology, the earthquake epicenter was recorded at 26 kilometers west of Kalamansig, Sultan Kudarat at around 1:05 pm.
Phivolcs said the tremor, which was tectonic in origin, has a depth of 8 km.
Based on reports, Intensity IV was reported over Lebak and Kalamansig, while Intensity III was felt in Cotabato City and Maguindanao, and Intensity II in Aleosan, Cotabato; Bagumbayan, and Isulan, Sultan Kudarat
Phivolcs did not expect any possible damage and aftershock due to the quake. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- War Without End: Part 1 (Addiction and Drugs)
- Philippines lifts ban on skilled and semi-skilled workers to Kuwait
- SC ousts Chief Justice Sereno by an 8-6 vote
- Tourism chief resigns over conflict of interest charges
- Comfort women statue now in hands of sculptor
- The economic center of gravity is shifting to Asia and the Pacific…
- 207 village officials with alleged drug links named