May 16, 2018
A magnitude 4.5 earthquake struck the province of Sultan Kudarat on Wednesday afternoon.
According to the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology, the earthquake epicenter was recorded at 26 kilometers west of Kalamansig, Sultan Kudarat at around 1:05 pm.
Phivolcs said the tremor, which was tectonic in origin, has a depth of 8 km.
Based on reports, Intensity IV was reported over Lebak and Kalamansig, while Intensity III was felt in Cotabato City and Maguindanao, and Intensity II in Aleosan, Cotabato; Bagumbayan, and Isulan, Sultan Kudarat
Phivolcs did not expect any possible damage and aftershock due to the quake. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- FEDERALISM: PROS AND ANTIS
- Philippine-made cube satellite Maya-1 deployed into space
- EXCLUSIVE (PART 1) : UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL WITH ASEC. MARGAUX “MOCHA” USON
- FOCAP Forum with MILF Chairman Murad Ebrahim: “What Now and Where To?”
- In and Out of SONA 2018
- Bangsamoro Autonomy bill hurdles Congress bicam committee
- ARTIST TALKS: Yoko Tawada on “Writing in Two Worlds”