April 16, 2018
A farmer was killed in a shooting incident in Zamboanga del Sur Sunday night, a regional police spokesperson said Monday.
Chief Inspector Helen Galvez said killed was Edilberto Bayhonan Omilig, 54, a farmer and a resident of Sitio Sayao, Brgy, Poblacion, Kumalarang town.
Galvez said based on initial report Omilig was repairing the kitchen door when the three suspects appeared and shot him around 8pm.
“The victim sustained eight gunshot wounds which resulted of his untimely death,” she said.
She noted that based on the empty shelsl recovered at the crime scene, the suspect sused .45 pistol and 12-gauge shotgun.
“(The) PNP Kumalarang ( station) conducted hot pursuit operation for the possible location and arrest of the suspect,” she said. Robina Asido/DMS
- WATCH! UTSUWA perform at the soon-to-be opened TIU Theater at the Makati Cinema Square
- Some answers to questions on working as a housekeeper in Japan
- World Bank hopeful 22 million Filipinos can be lifted out of poverty
- More Filipino housekeepers leave, bound for Japan
- War Without End: Part 1 (Addiction and Drugs)
- BORACAY SHUTDOWN #3 (A slice of paradise for the Ati)
- Colliers allays fears of housing bubble burst in Metro Manila