June 13, 2018
A 7 year-old boy died in an explosion as he was playing with ammunition in Oriental Mindoro Tuesday afternoon.
Mimaropa (Mindoro, Marinduque, Romblon and Palawan) regional police spokesperson Superintendent Imelda Tolentino said the victim was Glenrey Vicente Osorio, a resident of Brgy. Nasucob Bulalacao.
An initial report said Glenrey’s father saw his son carrying a metal object he picked up from a vacant lot thinking it was a toy.
Not knowing that the object is a M203 rifle grenade, the boy hammered it, causing it to explode.
The victim was rushed to Bulalacao Community Hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.
Authorities were able to recover fragments of the rifle grenade at the scene. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- FEDERALISM: PROS AND ANTIS
- Philippine-made cube satellite Maya-1 deployed into space
- EXCLUSIVE (PART 1) : UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL WITH ASEC. MARGAUX “MOCHA” USON
- FOCAP Forum with MILF Chairman Murad Ebrahim: “What Now and Where To?”
- In and Out of SONA 2018
- Bangsamoro Autonomy bill hurdles Congress bicam committee
- ARTIST TALKS: Yoko Tawada on “Writing in Two Worlds”