June 13, 2018
A 7 year-old boy died in an explosion as he was playing with ammunition in Oriental Mindoro Tuesday afternoon.
Mimaropa (Mindoro, Marinduque, Romblon and Palawan) regional police spokesperson Superintendent Imelda Tolentino said the victim was Glenrey Vicente Osorio, a resident of Brgy. Nasucob Bulalacao.
An initial report said Glenrey’s father saw his son carrying a metal object he picked up from a vacant lot thinking it was a toy.
Not knowing that the object is a M203 rifle grenade, the boy hammered it, causing it to explode.
The victim was rushed to Bulalacao Community Hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.
Authorities were able to recover fragments of the rifle grenade at the scene. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise
- Inflation projected at 6.4 % in September: DOF
- Japan troops join 10-day exercises with Ph, US Marine forces
- MARTIAL LAW: PROS AND ANTIS
- WATCH: TYPHOON OMPONG REVISITED
- PAGASA raises Signal No. 4 in Cagayan, Northern Isabela as Ompong nears Northern Luzon