June 13, 2018
A 7 year-old boy died in an explosion as he was playing with ammunition in Oriental Mindoro Tuesday afternoon.
Mimaropa (Mindoro, Marinduque, Romblon and Palawan) regional police spokesperson Superintendent Imelda Tolentino said the victim was Glenrey Vicente Osorio, a resident of Brgy. Nasucob Bulalacao.
An initial report said Glenrey’s father saw his son carrying a metal object he picked up from a vacant lot thinking it was a toy.
Not knowing that the object is a M203 rifle grenade, the boy hammered it, causing it to explode.
The victim was rushed to Bulalacao Community Hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.
Authorities were able to recover fragments of the rifle grenade at the scene. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- Some answers to questions on working as a housekeeper in Japan
- World Bank hopeful 22 million Filipinos can be lifted out of poverty
- More Filipino housekeepers leave, bound for Japan
- War Without End: Part 1 (Addiction and Drugs)
- BORACAY SHUTDOWN #3 (A slice of paradise for the Ati)
- Colliers allays fears of housing bubble burst in Metro Manila
- Philippines lifts ban on skilled and semi-skilled workers to Kuwait