September 12, 2018
Philippine National Police (PNP) Director General Oscar Alabayalde has raised to full alert status all the police units in Luzon in preparation to the onslaught of supertyphoon "Ompong," with international name Mangkhut, in the northern part of the country.
The full alert will be effective 6am on Thursday to ensure availability of resources and personnel for possible disaster response operations in areas to be affected by the weather disturbance, Albayalde said.
"I have activated the national headquarters 1st Level Battle Staff to ensure effective command and control of all PNP disaster response operations," he added.
He asked the concerned units to preposition within closest and safest proximity to threatened and high-risk areas along coastlines, riverbanks and geohazard zones for rapid deployment in the event of a contingency. Robina Asido/DMS
- WATCH: TYPHOON OMPONG REVISITED
- PAGASA raises Signal No. 4 in Cagayan, Northern Isabela as Ompong nears Northern Luzon
- Typhoon ‘Ompong’ to make landfall this Saturday, Sept.15
- WATCH: Excerpts from 1st Manila Matsuri Idol 2018
- WATCH: AIDORU SOZAI take another step to realize their dreams at the 1st Manila Idol Matsuri event
- WATCH: CH4U spreads wings in 1st Manila Idol Matsuri 2018
- Japan delivers last 2 MRRVs to Philippine Coast Guard