April 15, 2018
Urayasu, Chiba Pref.- The operator of Tokyo Disney Resort is considering a major expansion as the first of its two parks, Tokyo Disneyland, marked its 35th anniversary on Sunday.
Tokyo Disneyland opened a revamped version of its popular "It's a Small World" attraction that included the addition of characters from the Disney movie "Frozen."
The operator, Oriental Land Co., plans to spend 75 billion in Tokyo Disneyland to open a new area featuring another Disney movie, "Beauty and the Beast," in spring 2020.
A 40-year-old man, who visited the park with his son, said while smiling: "We came despite rain because today is the 35th anniversary. We want to see a new parade."
The combined cumulative number of visitors to Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea, the resort's second park that opened in September 2001, topped 700 million in July last year. Jiji Press
- WATCH: TYPHOON OMPONG REVISITED
- PAGASA raises Signal No. 4 in Cagayan, Northern Isabela as Ompong nears Northern Luzon
- Typhoon ‘Ompong’ to make landfall this Saturday, Sept.15
- WATCH: Excerpts from 1st Manila Matsuri Idol 2018
- WATCH: AIDORU SOZAI take another step to realize their dreams at the 1st Manila Idol Matsuri event
- WATCH: CH4U spreads wings in 1st Manila Idol Matsuri 2018
- Japan delivers last 2 MRRVs to Philippine Coast Guard