June 21, 2018
Tokyo- Model pill bugs that are about 10-fold the size of real ones will be added to the lineup of Bandai Co.'s "Gashapon" vending machine-dispensed capsule toys from late August, the company has announced.
Unlike other items sold in the machines, the 14-centimeter-long toy pill bugs will appear from the machines not in capsules but bare-naked in a curled-up position with a diameter of 7.4 centimeters.
The toy imitates the tiny creature's body structure that enables it to curl up, Bandai said.
"Both children and adults may be surprised to see them rolling out of Gashapon machines," a Bandai official said.
The coin-operated vending machines will sell the toy pill bugs, which will come in black, blue and white, for 500 yen each. Jiji Press
- WATCH! UTSUWA perform at the soon-to-be opened TIU Theater at the Makati Cinema Square
- Some answers to questions on working as a housekeeper in Japan
- World Bank hopeful 22 million Filipinos can be lifted out of poverty
- More Filipino housekeepers leave, bound for Japan
- War Without End: Part 1 (Addiction and Drugs)
- BORACAY SHUTDOWN #3 (A slice of paradise for the Ati)
- Colliers allays fears of housing bubble burst in Metro Manila