June 21, 2018
Tokyo- Model pill bugs that are about 10-fold the size of real ones will be added to the lineup of Bandai Co.'s "Gashapon" vending machine-dispensed capsule toys from late August, the company has announced.
Unlike other items sold in the machines, the 14-centimeter-long toy pill bugs will appear from the machines not in capsules but bare-naked in a curled-up position with a diameter of 7.4 centimeters.
The toy imitates the tiny creature's body structure that enables it to curl up, Bandai said.
"Both children and adults may be surprised to see them rolling out of Gashapon machines," a Bandai official said.
The coin-operated vending machines will sell the toy pill bugs, which will come in black, blue and white, for 500 yen each. Jiji Press
- WATCH: TYPHOON OMPONG REVISITED
- PAGASA raises Signal No. 4 in Cagayan, Northern Isabela as Ompong nears Northern Luzon
- Typhoon ‘Ompong’ to make landfall this Saturday, Sept.15
- WATCH: Excerpts from 1st Manila Matsuri Idol 2018
- WATCH: AIDORU SOZAI take another step to realize their dreams at the 1st Manila Idol Matsuri event
- WATCH: CH4U spreads wings in 1st Manila Idol Matsuri 2018
- Japan delivers last 2 MRRVs to Philippine Coast Guard