September 14, 2018
Paris- Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito watched kabuki performances at the Chaillot National Theater in Paris on Thursday.
The performances were part of the Japonismes 2018 series of Japanese cultural events.
At the Petit Palais museum, the Crown Prince watched an exhibition of the works of Ito Jakuchu, an 18th-century Japanese painter.
Looking back on his trip to France so far, the Crown Prince told reporters that he "felt the people of France are taking a strong interest in Japan and are trying to learn about Japan."
The Crown Prince also took part in an event to light up the Eiffel Tower.
When he pushed a button, the tower lit up in the colors of the Japanese national flag and images of Japanese culture, such as "ukiyoe" woodblock prints, were projected onto the tower, accompanied by music. Jiji Press
- WATCH: TYPHOON OMPONG REVISITED
- PAGASA raises Signal No. 4 in Cagayan, Northern Isabela as Ompong nears Northern Luzon
- Typhoon ‘Ompong’ to make landfall this Saturday, Sept.15
- WATCH: Excerpts from 1st Manila Matsuri Idol 2018
- WATCH: AIDORU SOZAI take another step to realize their dreams at the 1st Manila Idol Matsuri event
- WATCH: CH4U spreads wings in 1st Manila Idol Matsuri 2018
- Japan delivers last 2 MRRVs to Philippine Coast Guard