June 22, 2018
Tokyo- The "Dokaben" popular Japanese baseball manga series, which has been published off and on in a weekly magazine since 1972, will end in the next issue due out on June 28.
Its publisher, Akita Publishing Co., announced this in the weekly Shonen Champion magazine's latest issue, released on Thursday.
Dokaben by Shinji Mizushima, mainly about a high school baseball club, features catcher and slugger Taro Yamada as its main character.
There have been 203 volumes of Dokaben comic books over five series, including the professional baseball sequel covering the story after his high school graduation.
The manga also appeared in animated television programs.
The final episode will have a total of 40 pages with a special article by Mizushima and a chronological table illustrating the 46-year history of the manga. Jiji Press
- WATCH! UTSUWA perform at the soon-to-be opened TIU Theater at the Makati Cinema Square
- Some answers to questions on working as a housekeeper in Japan
- World Bank hopeful 22 million Filipinos can be lifted out of poverty
- More Filipino housekeepers leave, bound for Japan
- War Without End: Part 1 (Addiction and Drugs)
- BORACAY SHUTDOWN #3 (A slice of paradise for the Ati)
- Colliers allays fears of housing bubble burst in Metro Manila