April 12, 2018
A performance troupe from Japan arrives at the opening of the 'April Spring Friendship Art Festival' outside a theatre in Pyongyang on Wednesday, April 11, 2018.
The week-long event, the 31st of its kind, is part of the annual commemorations of the anniversary of the birth of the North's founder Kim Il Sung, who remains the country's Eternal President despite dying in 1994.
It features concerts, dance performances and acrobatics and is one of the rituals with which North Korean authorities inculcate and reinforce loyalty to the ruling dynasty. AFP-Jiji Press
- WATCH! UTSUWA perform at the soon-to-be opened TIU Theater at the Makati Cinema Square
- Some answers to questions on working as a housekeeper in Japan
- World Bank hopeful 22 million Filipinos can be lifted out of poverty
- More Filipino housekeepers leave, bound for Japan
- War Without End: Part 1 (Addiction and Drugs)
- BORACAY SHUTDOWN #3 (A slice of paradise for the Ati)
- Colliers allays fears of housing bubble burst in Metro Manila