April 12, 2018
A performance troupe from Japan arrives at the opening of the 'April Spring Friendship Art Festival' outside a theatre in Pyongyang on Wednesday, April 11, 2018.
The week-long event, the 31st of its kind, is part of the annual commemorations of the anniversary of the birth of the North's founder Kim Il Sung, who remains the country's Eternal President despite dying in 1994.
It features concerts, dance performances and acrobatics and is one of the rituals with which North Korean authorities inculcate and reinforce loyalty to the ruling dynasty. AFP-Jiji Press
- WATCH: TYPHOON OMPONG REVISITED
- PAGASA raises Signal No. 4 in Cagayan, Northern Isabela as Ompong nears Northern Luzon
- Typhoon ‘Ompong’ to make landfall this Saturday, Sept.15
- WATCH: Excerpts from 1st Manila Matsuri Idol 2018
- WATCH: AIDORU SOZAI take another step to realize their dreams at the 1st Manila Idol Matsuri event
- WATCH: CH4U spreads wings in 1st Manila Idol Matsuri 2018
- Japan delivers last 2 MRRVs to Philippine Coast Guard