June 10, 2018
Yield, a film about child labor produced by TIU Films, won three awards from two film organizations during the last five days.
In Sunday's 66th Filipino Academy of Movie Arts and Sciences (FAMAS) awards Yield won the Best Documentary and Best Editing awards at the Theater at Solaire Resort and Casino. Receiving the award were TIU Director- Producer Toshihiko Uriu and Director Victor Delotavo Tagaro.
Last Thursday, Yield won the Best Documentary award from the 41st Gawad Urian awards held at the ABS-CBN Vertis Tent in Quezon City.
The documentary is an ethnographic inquiry done over a period of five years, documenting the lives of nine children living in dire Third World conditions. It is a self-reflexive study on the inherent dilemma of representation as manipulation in documentary film. In belaboring child labor for an extended period, representing the exploited, itself, is exploitation.
Yield is an attempt to address this impasse, stripping the gaze off its fetishization of poverty. DMS
- WATCH: TYPHOON OMPONG REVISITED
- PAGASA raises Signal No. 4 in Cagayan, Northern Isabela as Ompong nears Northern Luzon
- Typhoon ‘Ompong’ to make landfall this Saturday, Sept.15
- WATCH: Excerpts from 1st Manila Matsuri Idol 2018
- WATCH: AIDORU SOZAI take another step to realize their dreams at the 1st Manila Idol Matsuri event
- WATCH: CH4U spreads wings in 1st Manila Idol Matsuri 2018
- Japan delivers last 2 MRRVs to Philippine Coast Guard