August 10, 2018
The main share index closed slightly lower on Friday, a day after monetary authorities raised policy rates by .50 percentage points.
The peso closed at P53.135 against the US dollar from P53.09. Volume at the foreign exchange rate reached $664.3 million from $682.1 million.
The Philippine Stock Exchange index finished at 7,804.98 points, down 15.73 points. In the broader market, there were 96 gainers, 86 decliners and 51 shares unchanged.
Volume reached 1.5 billion shares worth P8.33 billion from Thursday's 1.12 billion shares valued at P6.33 billion.
Most traded shares were led by Ayala Corp., down 2.48 percent to P985; San Miguel Corp., up 3.4 percent to P143 and Security Bank, down 1.26 percent to P200. DMS
- WATCH: TYPHOON OMPONG REVISITED
- PAGASA raises Signal No. 4 in Cagayan, Northern Isabela as Ompong nears Northern Luzon
- Typhoon ‘Ompong’ to make landfall this Saturday, Sept.15
- WATCH: Excerpts from 1st Manila Matsuri Idol 2018
- WATCH: AIDORU SOZAI take another step to realize their dreams at the 1st Manila Idol Matsuri event
- WATCH: CH4U spreads wings in 1st Manila Idol Matsuri 2018
- Japan delivers last 2 MRRVs to Philippine Coast Guard