August 10, 2018
The main share index closed slightly lower on Friday, a day after monetary authorities raised policy rates by .50 percentage points.
The peso closed at P53.135 against the US dollar from P53.09. Volume at the foreign exchange rate reached $664.3 million from $682.1 million.
The Philippine Stock Exchange index finished at 7,804.98 points, down 15.73 points. In the broader market, there were 96 gainers, 86 decliners and 51 shares unchanged.
Volume reached 1.5 billion shares worth P8.33 billion from Thursday's 1.12 billion shares valued at P6.33 billion.
Most traded shares were led by Ayala Corp., down 2.48 percent to P985; San Miguel Corp., up 3.4 percent to P143 and Security Bank, down 1.26 percent to P200. DMS
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise
- Inflation projected at 6.4 % in September: DOF
- Japan troops join 10-day exercises with Ph, US Marine forces
- MARTIAL LAW: PROS AND ANTIS
- WATCH: TYPHOON OMPONG REVISITED
- PAGASA raises Signal No. 4 in Cagayan, Northern Isabela as Ompong nears Northern Luzon