October 11, 2018
The Philippine Stock Exchange index on Thursday closed below the 7,000 mark, shedding off 116.76 points to finish at 6,884.38 points. The index fell by as much as 200 points before trading headed towards lunch break.
In the broader market, there were 167 decliners, 39 gainers and 34 shares unchanged.
Volume reached 1.03 billion shares worth P5.42 billion from Wednesday's 1.53 billion shares valued at P5.37 billion.
Most traded shares were led by BDO Unibank, down one percent to P108.90; Now Corp., down 15.34 percent to P4.36; GT Capital, down 5.49 percent to P671 and SM Investment Corp., down 3.24 percent to P805.50.
The peso closed unchanged at P54.18 against the US dollar, with volume reaching $665 million from Wednesday's $720.8 million. DMS
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise
- Inflation projected at 6.4 % in September: DOF
- Japan troops join 10-day exercises with Ph, US Marine forces
- MARTIAL LAW: PROS AND ANTIS
- WATCH: TYPHOON OMPONG REVISITED
- PAGASA raises Signal No. 4 in Cagayan, Northern Isabela as Ompong nears Northern Luzon