September 13, 2017
Stocks closed slightly higher on Wednesday despite a record close in Wall Street and high level of foreign buying.
The Philippine Stock Exchange index finished 4.57 points higher to 8,053.88. In the broader market, there were 108 gainers, 98 decliners and 45 unchanged.
Volume reached 1.36 billion shares worth P12.88 billion. Foreign buying was P8.8 billion while foreign selling amounted to P5.48 billion.
Most active shares were led by GT Capital Holdings, up 3.66 percent to P1,160 and Security Bank, up 2.38 percent to P249.
The peso closed at P50.975 against the US dollar from P50.905 on Monday. Tuesday was a holiday due to a tropical depression. Volume at the Philippine Dealing System reached $610.40 million from $436 million. DMS
- Translacion 2018
- Removal of ‘comfort women’ statue will spark protests vs gov’t, Japan
- Cure for Cancer: Are we there yet? Part 1
- Duterte cuts holidays truce with Reds to six days
- Duterte orders 10-day truce with communist rebels
- Gov’t collecting more taxes from Japan Tobacco sales: Dominguez
- Mexican drug cartel trafficking drugs via courier to Philippines