September 13, 2017
Stocks closed slightly higher on Wednesday despite a record close in Wall Street and high level of foreign buying.
The Philippine Stock Exchange index finished 4.57 points higher to 8,053.88. In the broader market, there were 108 gainers, 98 decliners and 45 unchanged.
Volume reached 1.36 billion shares worth P12.88 billion. Foreign buying was P8.8 billion while foreign selling amounted to P5.48 billion.
Most active shares were led by GT Capital Holdings, up 3.66 percent to P1,160 and Security Bank, up 2.38 percent to P249.
The peso closed at P50.975 against the US dollar from P50.905 on Monday. Tuesday was a holiday due to a tropical depression. Volume at the Philippine Dealing System reached $610.40 million from $436 million. DMS
- War Without End: Part 1 (Addiction and Drugs)
- Philippines lifts ban on skilled and semi-skilled workers to Kuwait
- SC ousts Chief Justice Sereno by an 8-6 vote
- Tourism chief resigns over conflict of interest charges
- Comfort women statue now in hands of sculptor
- The economic center of gravity is shifting to Asia and the Pacific…
- 207 village officials with alleged drug links named