September 13, 2017
Stocks closed slightly higher on Wednesday despite a record close in Wall Street and high level of foreign buying.
The Philippine Stock Exchange index finished 4.57 points higher to 8,053.88. In the broader market, there were 108 gainers, 98 decliners and 45 unchanged.
Volume reached 1.36 billion shares worth P12.88 billion. Foreign buying was P8.8 billion while foreign selling amounted to P5.48 billion.
Most active shares were led by GT Capital Holdings, up 3.66 percent to P1,160 and Security Bank, up 2.38 percent to P249.
The peso closed at P50.975 against the US dollar from P50.905 on Monday. Tuesday was a holiday due to a tropical depression. Volume at the Philippine Dealing System reached $610.40 million from $436 million. DMS
- Stateless CHILDREN In SAUDI
- Thousands protest drug war killings, return to dictatorship
- Return of foreign fighters from Marawi worry ASEAN, China
- Upgrading of runway at Pag-asa Island on stream, says Lorenzana
- Ombudsman affirms decision to file charges vs Aquino
- Gov’t okays Japan-funded Metro Manila Subway project
- Impeach Chief Justice Sereno move gains ground in House