October 10, 2018
The Philippine peso gained six centavos to close P54.18 against the US dollar on Wednesday but the stock index finished lower.
Volume at the foreign exchange portal at the Bankers Association of the Philippines reached $720.8 million from Tuesday's $605 million.
The Philippine Stock Exchange index fell below 7,000 points for the first time since June this year at one stage. But it rallied to close at 7,001.14, down 58.24 points.
In the broader market, there were 139 decliners, 54 gainers and 50 shares unchanged.
Volume reached 1.53 billion shares worth P5.37 billion from Tuesday's 953.28 million shares valued at P3.996 billion. DMS
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise
- Inflation projected at 6.4 % in September: DOF
- Japan troops join 10-day exercises with Ph, US Marine forces
- MARTIAL LAW: PROS AND ANTIS
- WATCH: TYPHOON OMPONG REVISITED
- PAGASA raises Signal No. 4 in Cagayan, Northern Isabela as Ompong nears Northern Luzon