June 12, 2018
Tokyo- Sales of used vehicles in Japan in May rose 3.9 pct from a year earlier to 314,710 units, up for the second consecutive month, the Japan Automobile Dealers Association said Tuesday.
The figure does not include minivehicles, equipped with 660 cc or smaller engines.
Sales of standard-size used vehicles grew as domestic inventories increased on the back of a drop in exports, a JADA official said.
Of the May total, sales of passenger cars stood at 272,613 units, up 3.0 pct. Sales of trucks surged 11.3 pct to 34,215 units, and those of buses jumped 14.9 pct to 1,119 units. Jiji Press
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise
- Inflation projected at 6.4 % in September: DOF
- Japan troops join 10-day exercises with Ph, US Marine forces
- MARTIAL LAW: PROS AND ANTIS
- WATCH: TYPHOON OMPONG REVISITED
- PAGASA raises Signal No. 4 in Cagayan, Northern Isabela as Ompong nears Northern Luzon