June 12, 2018
Tokyo- Sales of used vehicles in Japan in May rose 3.9 pct from a year earlier to 314,710 units, up for the second consecutive month, the Japan Automobile Dealers Association said Tuesday.
The figure does not include minivehicles, equipped with 660 cc or smaller engines.
Sales of standard-size used vehicles grew as domestic inventories increased on the back of a drop in exports, a JADA official said.
Of the May total, sales of passenger cars stood at 272,613 units, up 3.0 pct. Sales of trucks surged 11.3 pct to 34,215 units, and those of buses jumped 14.9 pct to 1,119 units. Jiji Press
- FEDERALISM: PROS AND ANTIS
- Philippine-made cube satellite Maya-1 deployed into space
- EXCLUSIVE (PART 1) : UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL WITH ASEC. MARGAUX “MOCHA” USON
- FOCAP Forum with MILF Chairman Murad Ebrahim: “What Now and Where To?”
- In and Out of SONA 2018
- Bangsamoro Autonomy bill hurdles Congress bicam committee
- ARTIST TALKS: Yoko Tawada on “Writing in Two Worlds”