August 9, 2018
Tokyo- Japan's Dai-ichi Life Holdings Inc. said Thursday that it has reached a basic agreement to buy major Australian insurer Suncorp Group Ltd.'s life insurance business.
Dai-ichi Life hopes to sign a purchase contract by early September through a wholly owned Australian subsidiary and complete the acquisition worth 640 million Australian dollars by year-end.
The Japanese insurer also agreed on sales collaboration with Suncorp Group to expand its Australian business by using the partner's sales network. Jiji Press
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise
- Inflation projected at 6.4 % in September: DOF
- Japan troops join 10-day exercises with Ph, US Marine forces
- MARTIAL LAW: PROS AND ANTIS
- WATCH: TYPHOON OMPONG REVISITED
- PAGASA raises Signal No. 4 in Cagayan, Northern Isabela as Ompong nears Northern Luzon